A highlight of Fernie’s winter Griz Days festival, this competition features imaginative & hilarious “dummies” on skis launching themselves off a gigantic jump beside the Timber Chair. Dummies can be made from a variety of materials and creativity is stressed! Dummies are judged based on their construction, creativity, distance they fly off the jump and the carnage factor when they land!!
On top of having fun, participants and spectators will have the opportunity to raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society.
Entry fee for the event is a minimum $20 donation to the Canadian Cancer Society. Dummy teams are also encouraged to raise pledges for their dummies as well. The team who raises the most money will receive tickets to a Calgary Flames Ice Hockey match, courtesy of Coca Cola.
To register online, please follow the steps below:
1. Click here to access the Raging Elk Dummy Downhill fundraising page.
2. Scroll down the page, and click on the words 'Join this team' - located in the table underneath the words 'Thanks for your support'.
3. Fill out a profile for your team/dummy.
4. Share your profile link with your friends and family and start fundraising!
If you would rather raise money offline, you can collect a Canadian Cancer Society Independent Fundraising Form from Guest Services. You MUST bring this sheet and the cash to registration on Sunday March 2nd.
We encourage you to be creative with your dummy, but please bear the following rules in mind:
- No living cells are allowed in the race.
- No remote controls or human contact with the dummy allowed during the race.
- Only skis and snowboards are allowed to mount the dummies on.
- NO FIRE
- NO FIREWORKS
- Gravel/dirt may NOT be used to weigh down your dummy.
All dummies must fit within the following dimensions:
- Not higher than 6 feet, lower than 3 feet or wider than 3 feet at the base.
- Maximum weight is 100lbs
Schedule (subject to change)
11am-12pm: Dummy Check In & Weigh In (Mandatory) @ Beside Timber Chair Load)**
12pm-12:30pm: Dummy Judging @ Beside Timber Chair Load
12:30pm: Dummy Transport to Top of Course
1pm: Dummy Downhill Start!
3:30pm: Prize Presentation @ Daylodge
**Dummies must be checked in by 12pm. Bring any registration or pledge money not collected online to the dummy check in**
Spectators can come and watch the event from the bottom of the Timber Chair!
A huge thanks to our Title Sponsor - Raging Elk Hostel and Kodiak Lounge!! Looking for great accommodation on a budget...the Raging Elk has you covered!! And...don't forget to stop by the cozy Kodiak Lounge located inside the Raging Elk for cold beer and good times!! Check out www.ragingelk.com for all the details!!
A huge thanks as well to our Gold Sponsor - Vitality Body & Mind. Fernie's ultimate fitness and wellness centre offers a variety of classes and workshops to help you focus on your mind, body and soul.