After an incredibly successful first year…the Coca Cola Slope Soaker is back!
Strap on your skis or snowboard and see if you can make it across our Slope Soaker pond located on the lower mountain beside the Timber Chair.
Participants are encouraged to dress up in creative costumes as crossing the pond is not the only goal. Extra prizes and points will be awarded for creativity/costumes, effort, crowd reaction, biggest splash etc. Plus all the registered participants are entered in for amazing draw prizes from our sponsors!!
This fun event is open to anyone 12 years of age and older. Registration is $15+gst and can be done at Guest Services. Registration will open on Friday, April 5th. This year proceeds from the event are going to be donated to Fernie Search and Rescue.
The Slope Soaker is limited to the first 75 people that register so sign up early! Day of registration will only be available if spots are available (last year it sold out before day of).
Following the Slope Soaker join us in the plaza for live music from Fernie foot stomping favorites - Shred Kelly!
10:30am - 12:00pm: Check-In & Registration @ Daylodge. All competitors must check in by 12pm or they could lose their spot. (Day of Registration will only be available if there are spots still left)
12:30pm: MANDATORY Particpants Meeting @ Bottom of Pond
3:00pm: LIVE MUSIC - Shred Kelly @ Plaza
4:15pm: Awards - Awards will take place during the first set break of Shred Kelly.
Slope Soaker Rules
1) Consumption of alcohol is not permitted during or prior to participation in the event.
2) No nudity or offensive costumes are permitted during the event. Nudity will result in the loss of season pass / ban from resort privileges.
3) Helmets are MANDATORY for all competitors
4) Participants must be on skis or snowboards only. (No sleds, GT racers etc).
5) No ski poles allowed (as they may damage the tarp liner).
6) If you do not cross the pond rescue personal will help you get out of your gear and exit the pond. Refrain from trying to stand up in the water as sharp ski edges can damage the pond liner.
7) No inverted aerial maneuvers permitted
8) All contestants must bring their own towel/blanket for after they exit the pond. Change of clothes is also strongly encouraged as the water will be COLD!
9) Small props are allowed with your costume as long as they are not restraining and/or a safety hazard to yourself or the crowd. No fire, fireworks etc are allowed as props. Event officials have the right to disallow any props they feel are a safety hazard.
10) Event officials can deny entry at any point during the event (registration, start area etc) if they feel that participants may put themselves or others at risk.