Fernie Alpine Resort Bike Crew Update #1: Dear Winter
April 19, 2012
This isn’t easy, but then again, break ups never are. First off, let me just say that I have really enjoyed spending the last several months with you. We have had some truly legendary times together here in Fernie; our 50th Anniversary Celebration, the new Polar Peak chairlift, and, most of all, the relentless deep powder snow we shared time and time again. However lately my feelings for you have changed and I think it would be best if we start seeing other people. In fact, I have already met a fresher, much hotter season and we are really hitting things off. If you are in town next November, look me up. Maybe we could go for a warm fireside chat and some hot cocoa. Sorry you had to find out this way. I really think this is for the best right now. All my love.
Despite a 387cm mid mountain snowpack here at Fernie Alpine Resort, Summer love is definitely in the air. Shorts, sandals and crocuses are starting to emerge, the first spring rides are starting to happen out in the South Country…and the Bike Crew is gearing up for another Legendary Summer. We hope to be out on the trails and putting the park together as soon as the over 1100cm of annual snowfall we received melts off the lower mountain. We will try to keep you all in the loop with what we uncover and what the crew is working on via our ongoing weekly Bike Crew Blogs. Until we can get out on the trails, keep checking back with us for information on summer events, tips and tricks, and updates from our Fernie Alpine Resort bike team members. In the meantime, here are a few Summer 2012 bites to feast on:
- New Aerial Park and Rippin’ Zipline coming to Fernie Alpine Resort for summer 2012.
- FAR Bike Park open for summer preview weekend June 23 & 24, 2012
- Open for regular summer operations June 30, 2012.
- Thursday Night Race series continues. First race of the season on Thursday July 5th. Registration available at Guest Services.
- Legendary events make a return this year; Lost Boys Lungbuster, Fernie Bike Festival, Guided hikes with Nature Bob, Camps and Lessons, Wine Tasting at Lost Boys, and more. Watch for events such as the Furious 3 Bike Race and the Trans Rockies to make stops at Fernie Alpine Resort this summer as well!
Your Fernie Alpine Resort Bike Crew